Feeds RSS

Friday, October 21, 2011

Bella Roma (Part #2).... Day 44!

The continuing story of ROME!!

Welcome to Day TWO...Sunday!
This morning was an early morning for sure. We woke up at 6 AM because we wanted to make sure to get to St. Peter's to stand in line for Mass by 7:00, so that we could be one of the first ones sitting! Erin wanted to get seets by the isle and we certainly did :) walking from the bus station to the church the sun was RISING!!!! :) it was Beautiful! The only time I remember seeing the sun rise is during my 6 am conditioning as I am running to Langston Lake with the squad... I liked this one A LOT MORE :)
This was my very first mass EVER! It was a really neat experience, even though I couldn't understand any of it because it was all in Latin!
After Mass we went to eat because we were all STARVING!!! And needed some Coffee as a mid morning Pick-me-Up!
We then went back to St. Peter's to go explore the Coupula! We got to up into the DOME!!! and then ended up on top of it and got to look out! It was an incredible view! So GLAD they had an ELEVATOR!!! :) I thought it was pretty ingenius though how they made stairs and walls that curved with the curve of the dome so it felt pretty cool knowing that I WAS ACTUALLY WALKING UP STAIRS IN THE DOME OF ST. PETER'S!!!!!
We got to look around in St. Peter's at the art and saw the PIETA! Erin had to catch her train after that and so Evan, Katie, and I then made our way to the Colosseum. We went on the tour...and actually had to pay extra for the ENgliSh speaking guide who was very very difficult to understand! But Me and tours haha I ended up taking pictures and stayed behind in the back so it didn't really matter :) I am really happy that "games" and "entertainment" have changed over the course of history!! The sun was setting while we were there...I saw the Sun RISE and SET on the same day IN ROME!! WOW!!!! We made our way to dinner and I got PIZZA! Yummy. THere was not one item of food that I tried that I did not just think was the best thing ever :) Italian food is just never going to be the same after this!! And of course we couldn't end the day without Gelato!! Evan and I went back to the Hostel and Katie went and met up with a teammate who was studying in Rome.
It was so great getting to catch up with my DEAR FRIEND EVAN GRAY! Really awesome to just see how much the Lord has really LED both of us in our lives! She Is such a BLESSING!!!

Day 2 PICS!!!

Sun RISING :)
Mass

The Pope...He is wearing RED PRADA shoes!!!

:)


In the Coupula

The leaning stair case in the walls of the DOME!

THE VIEW!!!

Can you see the shape of the KEY?

The Pieta!!

Bridge of Angles behind us! (Edited)

Sun SETTING behind the Colosseum!



I think I would Make a good Statue! :)...NOT!



:)

The Lord Blessed me with another just ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE day in Rome!

To Be CONTINUED....AGAIN :)
Part 3 (Day 3) to come :)
-Lissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment