Feeds RSS

Friday, September 9, 2011

DAY #2 & #3!

So I made it to Wales!!!
Unfortunately my luggage did not... haha! Thankfully it came Friday night so I just borrowed some clothes from my friend Kate who is living across from me!
Friday morning I had orientation and met the rest of the International Students, there are about 30 of us total! They are all SO nice and SUPER FUN to be around! :)
Okay so really funny story...atleast I thought it was funhy, partly because I really didn't think anything else could go wrong! Anyways, I went over to register and gave the lady my passport and she asked me where the stamp was...I asked what stamp? And she said the stamp that proves your a legal immagrant in Wales... (at this point I think she realized by the look on my face that I had NO CLUE what she was talking about). So she sent me over to the international office.. I spoke to a guy and he said that the airport was supposed to stamp my passport when I landed in Cardiff and they failed to do so. I gave the security guy my passport, he asked me what I was in the country for and then handed it back.... Thanks a lot buddy!!.... so I went to get my plane ticket to prove I flew into Cardiff...and of course I couldn't find it! I WAS FEREAKING OUT!!!! I did however find the paper I had to fill out stating that my Luggage was lost and it had Cardiff airport all over it..along with a statement saying a flew from Dublin! The guy said this was even better :) so I was upset my luggage wasn't in but after hearing that I am so thankful my luggage was a day late :) To end the story of the day, I got it all worked out to where I am in fact a LEGAL IMMAGRANT in the country of Wales now, so no worries :)

After all that was taken care the whole group went to Gower Peninsula and OH MY GOODNESS IT WAS GORGEOUS!!! Here are a couple pictures:)


After the field trip, I got a back and my LUGGAGE had arrived!! YAY! And my new friend ALLISON and I went to eat at PUB ON THE POND! The food was really good, we both got the chicken burger! :)

Tomorrow is going to be another adventure!
Count it all JOY!

-Lissa

"Shout for joy to God, all the earth!"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....good thing you're into adventuring!!!!

You're there!!!! Isn't it amazing?!?! Isn't it beautiful!!!! SO glad you were able to see the Gower Penisula already, and that you're making good connections with people. And that your lost luggage helped you out!

<3 hugs <3

tera said...

Breathtaking.... =)

Post a Comment