Feeds RSS

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 4&5...Site Seeing + Reality!

Saturday I woke up and went for a really nice run! When I returned I couldn't find anyone around so I decided to go into town...I was going to take the bus but wasn't sure when it was coming so I walked along the coast all the way :) It was so beautiful and nice to just walk alone for a while enjoying the peace!
the tide was down so a lot of beach is showing!

I also thought it was so cool...they had work out machines every so often along this trail...I guess the beach is their gym ;)



I made into town though and just walked around the shopping center for a while and then wanted to go and see the castle they have. I ended up getting lost, walked around for a good hour and half and finally found it :)



Everyday the Lord shows me something else that is just remarkable! This whole city and all of its buildings have been around for so long! American history only goes so far, but over here the history just over flows from hundreds of years before America was even discovered!!

Sunday...A few of us went to the Swansea Waterfront Museum to check that out for a couple hours!




Allison and I are hoping to go sailing one day while we are here!:)


After the museum we came back to school and I was able to watch a sermon on Boldness at http://www.lifechurch.tv/watch/bold/1. Loved it, and really helped with something I have been struggling with a little while being over here.
I am so grateful to have this opportunity to study in this amazing country, to learn and see so much more history, and to meet new people, but my heart is aching for home already. This is the first time for me to be away from home, my family, and friends and I will admit that it is extremely hard!! Happiness is something that I just seem to be missing right now, and I hate that! God gave me this amazing once in a life time chance and here I am missing Oklahoma! I have been praying for guidance while being over here, that the Lord will use me in His Kingdom in some way...I just am not sure how that will be! So that has been my prayer and struggle lately and listening to this sermon on Boldness today was really good! I want to share a verse that is so encouraging...

               "When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ORDINARY men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus."  -Acts 4:13

Wow!!!! I just love it! Ordinary men who had courage and were bold amazed men and helped spread the love of Christ! In the museum today we entered the section of great people in Swansea history and they had this quote...
              "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, others have greatness thrust upon them."
                                                                                                                    -William Shakespeare.
I am thinking I have greatness thrust upon me right now!!! :) I have no clue what lies ahead for me...but right now I know that I have been given this extraordinary opportunity, and no matter what comes my way I want to be BOLD, COURAGEOUS, and be an example of Jesus' Love to others.

Love you guys,
-Lissa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying that God will answer your prayer and use you for His glory while you are there. And sending hugs all the way from landlocked Arkansas. You have NO idea how much I would love to deliver them to you. I miss Britain!!! And the ocean!!! And YOU!!!! <3

Anonymous said...

And by the way...your walk sounds incredible!!!! So fun that you did that on your own. Proud of you, Lissa!

Corrie said...

Love your blog mel! :) Awesome posts. Miss you and Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel! I am sooooo excited for you! Very glad you are blogging about your adventures so I can keep up with you all the way over here in Post Falls. :D
I totally hear you on the "missing the fam" part. I've never been so homesick as I was a couple weeks ago. :D
Love you, praying for you and hope you have a fabulously blessed time!
Sarah

Post a Comment