Feeds RSS

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The American Dream!!

Hello!!
I hope you all are having a wonderful week so far! I just finished writing my essay for one of my classes woohoo! :) I actually enjoyed writing this essay...by enjoy I mean I liked it in comparison to other essays I have had to write ;)! The topic was on stereotype threat which I did not know anything about but the more I read the more interesting it got to me. But anyways it feels great to have that out of the way! And I leave for Paris Thursday night :) YAY! So excited for that... its going to be another long night though because we are riding in the coach bus over night and will arrive in the morning.

It was really nice not going anywhere this weekend! First weekend in a long time that I wasn't traveling, I just got to stay home and work on my paper and enjoy Swansea.

Saturday night I went over to Anna's house and hung out with her and her brother Emanuil. We are dinner, and it was DELICIOUS!!! Their mom is a really good cook and is also trying to learn better English so I really enjoy conversing with them, and can't imagine how hard English must be for people to learn when I speak it and still dont get half the rules haha ;) After dinner though we went and played monopoly... it had been SOOO long since I had played that game! It was pretty fun!

They had the IRELAND version, so the prices were in Euros and the land was Landmarks in Ireland! Pretty cool :)

Normally when I play monopoly I lose.. and am one of the first ones to go bankrupt but this time it was the opposite lol... Emanuil was joking around with me and said "I guess thats what they call the American Dream" haha Definitely made me laugh!
We watched a movie called WITH HONORS, and I really liked it! The main guy was writing his college Thesis in order to graduate with honors... just reminded me that I have to do that, AHH!! Anyways Anna and I were up until 3:30 am.. haha we were both so tired but it was TOTALLY worth it!

I had not had a SLEEPOVER in so long and it was such a great night :)
 


Yummy ICE CREAM!

The AMERICAN DREAM! LOL



Anna and Emanuil

We talked about them coming to the U.S. and me going to visit Bulgaria or coming back to visit them in Swansea and It just EXCITES ME.. I am really going to miss them but KNOW that I will see them again :)

Sunday night I had a dinner with my basketball team, and just hung out with some of the girls and watched Coach Carter, LOVE that movie! 

Monday I went to the Christmas market in town with Allison and Cristen and we got FRESH MADE DONUTS! YUMMY probly one of the BEST decisions of the day! haha! We came back and I worked on my paper, and then Allison made us dinner :) She is an AMAZING cook and made us Fish that was made with a yummy brown sugar/teriyaki sauce combination and some Asparagus! It was so yummy!! 

Today I had tutorial and class and finished my paper :) I have basketball practice here in a little bit! 

That concludes what I have been doing for the past few days! It was been a really nice weekend and just getting excited for Paris. 

On a side note... I come home in 19 days!!!! WHAT??? That is less than 3 weeks away! I just can't believe it. Although I know I am ready to come home... I really am going to miss it here, mainly because of all the people have I met! It is going to be so different not seeing them everyday and just makes me sad thinking about it! But at the same time I am over joyed thinking about seeing everyone from home.. so really have mixed feelings! :) 

But I got to run to practice so thanks for stopping by!

-Lissa 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too, too, TOO much fun!

Post a Comment